On May 11th and 12th, CEFS will bring forth all that it has learned at the
2009 Farm to Fork SUMMIT.
We invite you to join us to be a game changer.
NC State University McKimmon Center,
$35 registration fee, including
Participants in the day and a half summit will
explore the outcomes of the six regional meetings and Working Issues Teams, provide input about “game changer” and “local tool box” ideas, and help produce a Statewide Action Plan for Building a Local Food Economy.
Areas of focus include:
- Expanding institutional, retail and food service markets for small and medium-sized farms.
- Farm-to-School programming
- Public health and food access disparities
- Direct markets
- New and transitioning farmers support
- Community gardens and farms
- Land Use & Local Government Initiatives
- Youth & Social Networking
- Consumer Outreach & Marketing
- Processing & Other Physical Infrastructure
- Formalizing the Initiative: Foundations & Baselines
Summit participants will also meet with other attendees to develop regional leadership around implementing ideas and action plans for ongoing communication, networking, and initiatives.
for lodging: The Holiday Inn Brownstone Hotel is offering an $85.00 per night rate for Farm to Fork Summit participants. To reserve a room, please contact the hotel at 1-800-331-7919 or (919) 828-0811 and ask for reservations. Please indicate that you are a Farm to Fork participant. The hotel can be viewed at: http://www.brownstonehotel.com. It is located at 1707 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27605.